Myo NZ Pro New Zealand Grass-Fed Whey Isolate 5lbs - 80 servings
What is Grass-Fed New Zealand Whey Protein Isolate?
Grass-fed New Zealand whey protein isolate is a form of whey protein isolate that has been derived from cows located in New Zealand, that have been allowed to roam freely and to graze on natural lush green New Zealand grass. Whey protein isolate of any form, is a form of whey protein that has undergone additional filtration and processing, resulting in a much purer form of protein, meaning that the user gets more protein per serving. Whey protein is a natural derivative of cow’s milk that occurs when milk separates and turns into cheese. As it is an isolate however, you get more protein per serving. Most whey protein concentrate supplements provide around 80% protein per serving, with the remaining 20% being made up of fats and carbohydrates. Whey isolate however, removes more fats and carbohydrates, so you get a protein that provides around 95% protein per serving. The fact that it comes from grass-fed cattle means that it is much better quality.
How does it work?
Protein is a vital macronutrient that is essential for hormone regulation, for muscle growth and repair, and for cellular health and function. We need protein to build and repair our muscles, as protein initiates protein synthesis, which is where the body will synthesize new muscle proteins to replace worn and damaged ones. Without protein, protein synthesis wouldn’t be possible, meaning that we wouldn’t be able to rebuild or replace damaged muscle tissues. Protein is also vital for cellular health and function, and as we ourselves are basically made up of billions upon billions of microscopic cells, without protein, we ourselves wouldn’t be able to function as we should. Protein can also assist with fat loss as it boosts the metabolism because it’s thermogenic, which basically means that the body struggles to digest it and break it down, so it has to work harder and requires more energy, which is when more calories are burnt off.
What are the benefits of using Grass-Fed New Zealand Whey Protein Isolate supplements?
New Zealand Whey Protein has numerous benefits shown below:
- The New Zealand Whey industry is regarded as a world leader because of their advanced processes in producing whey protein and their natural means of producing their protein. All cattle in New Zealand are natural grazers which means all cattle are grass-fed only and are not subjected to any rBST (recombinant bovine somatotropin), hormones, antibiotics, and pesticides. Canadian Protein's New Zealand Whey is as natural as a Whey Protein can get.
- Not only is our raw New Zealand Whey Isolate simply superior to other brands, our New Zealand Whey Isolate is Soy Free! The agglomeration process is also far superior to other brands because we do not use soy lecithin to agglomerate the Whey Protein in order to make it water-soluble. Instead we use sunflower lecithin to make our product water-soluble which creates a product that mixes easily and is soy-free.
- Lastly, we use a process called cross flow microfiltration (cold processed) which yields a 100% undenatured whey protein isolate which allows for a higher protein content without unwanted fat, carbs and lactose and keeping intact all protein sub-fractions and producing a whey isolate extremely high in immunoglobulins (also known as antibodies) which can be as high as 10% or more. These characteristics produce a whey protein isolate that supports immunity and increases muscle repair and growth more effectively.
Some of the other primary benefits associated with using grass-fed New Zealand whey protein isolate supplements include the following:
Muscle growth and repair
As mentioned, protein is the most vital macronutrient for when it comes to muscle growth and repair, as without it, protein synthesis wouldn’t be possible, which means that we wouldn’t be able to synthesize new muscle proteins. After we exercise, our damaged muscles need rebuilding and repairing, as that is when we grow. We need quality proteins and amino acids for this to occur however, and as whey isolate provides more protein per serving, we can build better quality muscle in larger quantities.
Better quality protein
Most whey proteins come from cattle that are fed on grains that have been treated with chemicals such as pesticides and fertilizers. Obviously these chemicals are not very healthy, and they can affect the quality of the milk the cows produce. On top of that, cows are often injected with hormones which can also harm the quality of the milk. Grass-Fed New Zealand cattle however, graze on lush green grass in the New Zealand countryside, and are all natural and free from hormones and various chemicals. The healthier and happier the cows, the better the quality the milk, which means the better quality the protein.
More protein per serving
As it is an isolate, you will benefit from much more protein per serving, as users will receive around 95%, sometimes more, pure protein per serving. The more protein you get per serving, the more profound the benefits will be.
Other benefits include:
- Our New Zealand Whey Protein Isolate is hormone, antibiotic, pesticide, rBST free and soy free.
- All cattle are grass-fed.
- Our New Zealand Isolate is produced using cross flow microfiltration (cold processed), which produces higher levels of immunoglobulins and protein sub-fractions.
- Our New Zealand Whey Isolate is one of the first on the market not to use sunflower lecithin and not soy lecithin.
- Less expensive than conventional protein sources like chicken and beef.
- Increased muscle growth and repair
- Increased strength levels
- Fat loss
- Better quality protein
- More protein per serving
- Improved cellular health
- Improved immune system health
- More energy
- Better rates of absorption
- Better tasting protein
- And more…
How and when should it be consumed?
For optimal results, experts recommend 1 – 3 servings of whey protein per day, with one serving coming immediately after you work out. Simply add one heaped scoop to your beverage of choice, give a good mix, and enjoy.
Health Canada Recommended Dose (powder): Adults: 1 Scoop(s) 1 time(s) per day. Mix product well in 1-2 cups of liquid (water, juice, etc.) immediately before consumption. Store in a cool, dry place.
Grass-Fed New Zealand Whey Isolate VS Whey Isolate
Whey isolate supplements in general, are considered to be more beneficial than whey concentrate supplements, because they provide more protein per serving. However, grass-fed New Zealand whey isolate, is far superior, simply because the cows are free from harmful ingredients, and are allowed to feed on a much healthier and more nutritious food source I.E natural green grass in the wild.